Last update: 7th August 2019
We take data protection very seriously. In this Personal Data Protection Policy we explain in detail how we use and process personal data and information collected on the e-boutique.
This document describes the measures that we undertake to protect the security of your data, and how you can contact us regarding the personal data protection practices we implement.
Please read carefully this Personal Data Protection Policy; it is up to you to decide whether you want your data processed or not.
The collection of your personal data, their use and disclosure, are compliant with the provisions of the law applicable to data protection.
The information below may change. We ask you to regularly review our Personal Data Protection Policy to remain up-to-date with eventual modifications of the policy. The date of the last policy update is in the first paragraph of the Policy.
Responsible’s name and address
The responsible for processing your personal information is SwissOrganica Sàrl – Chemin de Pierrefleur 23A, 1004 Lausanne, SWITZERLAND.
Types of data
The types of personal information that we can collect are the following:
• Registration data (especially when creating a login on our website or during orders and purchases) used to process and deliver your orders: name, surname, password, e-mail, address, phone number.
• Payment data: bank card number, expiry date, authorisation number, security code, delivery address and invoicing address.
• Personal data: date of birth, sex, preferred language.
• Purchase history (type and number of products purchased and returned).
• Information data provided to us as part of communication (contacts by email or via a contact form, data exchanged with our customer service team), return or your own content (e.g. your feedback comments).
• Information related to your visit to the website (your IP address, connection time, page views…) to ensure continuous optimization of the website. Please refer to the section on cookies below for more detailed information on how we use such data.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file stored with your approval on your device or mobile device whenever you navigate on certain websites.
Cookies can be classified as session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are used to ensure that visitors browse easily on the website; they do not store any personal information. Their duration is limited to the user session and does not persist over time.
Persistent cookies are recorded for durations longer than one visit. Among other purposes, persistent cookies can be used to identify you once you return to one of our Internet pages and to remember your shopping preferences.
Cookies can also be divided into functional and non-functional cookies.
Functional cookies are necessary to guarantee the functionality of our online store.
Non-functional cookies are used to record and analyze usage data on mobile pages or applications (language preferences, user session duration, etc.) to improve the user browsing experience.
2. How to disable cookies?
If you wish to activate/deactivate cookies you may use the guides below, depending on your browser:
For Internet Explorer: Microsoft support
For Safari: Apple support
For Chrome: Google support
For Firefox: Mozilla support
For Opera: Opera support
3. Further information on cookies
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information to:
• Help you purchase products for sale on our site.
• Process transactions, including payments, made via our e-boutique.
• Create, register and manage your account.
• Communicate with you and answer any queries that you might have.
• Promote our products through e-mails, postal letters, text messages.
• Document your preferences and habits regarding our products.
• Offer you the information or products best suited to your needs and most likely to be of interest to you. We provide this service only if you have consented to receive such information from us.
• Assess and improve our products.
• Analyse how and how often you visit our website.
• Enhance site display and various other features.
• Customize your experience on our website.
• Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How long we keep your data
We store your personal data for the time strictly needed in order to carry out the aforementioned purposes, in accordance with the applicable law. In some cases, we are required to retain data in order to fulfil our legal and administrative obligations.
Protecting your personal information
We have taken technical and legal measures to protect your personal data against accidental loss, alteration, or any unauthorized disclosure, access or usage.
Please note that the password you created upon registering on our website is strictly private. You are responsible for keeping your password secret to protect your personal information.
Right of access and of data correction
You can ask us at any time to access your personal information, to correct and update them in the “my account” section of the site. The section is available by logging in with your email address and the private password you created upon registering. You may also access your personal information by contacting us by email, postal mail or via the contact form.
However, due to the obligation of security and confidentiality in the processing of personal data that we must give you, you are informed that your request will be processed provided that you bring proof of your identity including the production of a valid scanned ID or a signed photocopy of your valid ID (if requested in writing).
Should you lose or forget your password, you may use the “Forgot Your Password” function at any time to request an email message containing a link to create a new secure password.
You have the right to delete the information in your online account as well as your data from our distribution lists. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, when required by law, we may keep a record of your personal information.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time for legitimate reasons.
Links to third party sites and services
1. Google Analytics
2. Social networks
Plugins from third party providers (e.g. social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Youtube) can be used on our website. If you click on a plugin from a third-party provider (for example, the “like” button on Facebook), a link can be automatically established with the servers of that third-party provider. It is thus possible to transmit data concerning your visit to our site to a third party provider.
If you do not want the provider to collect data about you via our website, close all your open sessions with this provider by logging out with them before opening our web page.
For any information concerning the data collection carried out by these service providers, we invite you to consult their data protection declaration:
3. Links to other sites
Our site may contain links to other sites that may be of interest in our context. Please note that we do not approve and are not responsible for the processing of your personal data by these third party sites, even if we provide a link to these sites. These companies may have their own personal data protection declarations or policies, and we strongly recommend that you read and examine them. Our products and services can also be offered to you through third party platforms or other third party channels. We decline any liability regarding the personal data protection practices of the sites, applications or services that are not provided by SwissOrganica.
Modification of the personal data protection policy
From time to time this data protection policy can be modified. If these modifications are fundamental or if the way of using your personal data is radically modified, these indications will be mentioned on this page. Please read our privacy statement regularly.
If you would like to update the information that we have regarding you or your preferences, notably if you wish to be removed from our distribution lists, to withdraw your consent, to object to the processing of your data, or if you have questions regarding the protection of your personal data, please contact us by email at email@example.com or send a letter to the following address:
Chemin de Pierrefleur 23A
1004 Lausanne, SWITZERLAND